Terms and Conditions
Policies regarding bike tours:
- All tours will be conducted primarily in English and Greek, other languages may be available upon prior request.
- Participants in the excursion affirm they are entirely responsible for their actions, and that any claim for damages to the company BIKE or HIKE are waived and null and void.
In particular, clients declare and agree with the following statements:
- They are in good health and free from any ailment which may be worsened or accentuated by strenuous activity or weather conditions including extreme heat or humidity.
- They are able to use the equipment provided safely and with competence.
- They are responsible for their own behaviors during the tour, including eating or drinking, and informing BIKE or HIKE of any food intolerances or allergy from which they may suffer.
- Participants are required to practice common sense, prudence, diligence especially regarding the use of the equipment provided for their use during the excursion, of which participants use at their own risk.
- BIKE or HIKE waives all claims for damages made against them, and accepts no liability for any damage to the participant, third parties and equipment caused during trips.
- BIKE or HIKE provides guests with bicycles in perfect working condition and which must be returned at the end of the excursion or rental in the same working condition at the end of the trip or rental period.
- Participants will be held responsible for any damage to the equipment provided to them by BIKE or HIKE as per current market value for all bikes and accessories.
- Taking part in a bike tour organized by BIKE or HIKE implies the mandatory use of a helmet which is included in each tour package for every participant.
- BIKE or HIKE does not assume responsibility for loss of luggage, money, valuables or other items during the trip.
- Participants must provide BIKE or HIKE with a valid photo ID (passport, ID card, travel visa, health insurance card) should they so be requested.
Payments and Cancellations:
For all tours, a deposit of 10% of the total tour price is required by bank wire transfer and is taken at the moment of booking. Cancellations of 10 days or less, will result in loss of the deposit. Cancellation of less than 48 hours in advance will result in payment in full required for the total amount due.
If the customer cancels his or her booking more than 10 days before the scheduled tour date, we offer the following options:
- Move the same tour to a different date (to be agreed by both parties, availability permitting)
- Join an alternative activity of equivalent value
- Full refund of deposit.
Travel agents, villa rental agents and all travel related businesses are required to pay a deposit of 30% of the total tour cost, payable by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), PayPal or bank wire transfer. The deposit is due at the time of booking and it is not refundable. The full payment is required 15 days prior to the tour departure. Within 15 days’ notice of cancellation, 50% of the total cost of the tour will be refunded. With less than 10 days’ notice of cancellation the entire cost of the tour will be forfeited.
Itineraries, events and activities may change at any time due to circumstances beyond control (majeure forces). All the possible efforts will be made, however, to maintain the tour as advertised. In case of changes in published itineraries, will provide comparable substitutions.
BIKE or HIKE respects and follows European and Greek privacy laws and standards. When you send us information about yourself, you agree that we can use it for the purposes of record-keeping and correspondence. However, this information will never be shared with third parties according to the above laws. When you provide us with your name and email, we deem this as giving us permission to contact you further.
We will never sell nor pass on your personal information to third parties. Your name will be stored only in our database and will not be transferred or traded with any other organization and will be held only as long as is necessary for record-keeping purposes. By contacting us, you may always opt out of any further communication on our behalf.